Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day 2010

Labor Day for my family means, we're going camping, and I wouldn't want it any other way. This year Adam and I had to work Saturday until 6 o'clock. Earlier that morning, we packed up the tent, the air mattress and our pajama's. When we got off work we headed up to Cedar Mountain for some wilderness fun. I love the drive up Cedar Mountain, we rolled down the windows and turned up the radio. (It was Kenny Chesney, why the radio was turned down in the first place, I don't know.)  We drove past Deer Valley and Duck Creek ( I love duck creek, it's just so little and cute, and it reminds me of being little.) We camped with my family at Stout Canyon. When we got there we had to put up the tent before it got too dark. I was surprised that it didn't take us that long, and Kimber is such a good little helper.
Kimber was so excited to see me, and wanted me to hold her. She is so cute in her GAP sweatshirt.
After we got done setting up the tent, my dad made Adam and I hamburgers for dinner. My dad makes the best hamburgers out there. After dinner we all sat around the fire talking and laughing. The next morning we woke up and ate breakfast. While everyone else ate eggs and sausage, I had Peanut Butter Capn' Crunch. Kimber must have known I was eating something delicious because she came over to the table and wanted to sit by me. I sat her on the bench and noticed that she was staring at my cereal bowl, so I let her have a little taste. I think she might have eaten more than me. We were all laughing when she would open her mouth so big for the spoon, it was just so cute.
I think we will be best friends for a while after this.
After breakfast my dad took Adam, my mom and me for a four wheeler ride. I told my dad that I wanted to to be gone for at least 4 hours. The ride was beautiful, and I even got a little bit sunburned. We drove all the way down to the road. My dad said we could drive a little up the road and get a coke at the rest stop. My mom said, " Won't we get in trouble for riding four wheelers on the street?" My dad replied, "I've been in trouble before." We were all laughing after that. When we got back from the ride we had lunch and took a nap. We had steak fajitas for dinner, and watched Toy Story 2. The next morning I woke up at 7:10, and started packing up the tent. Adam got mad at me because I was rolling up the sleeping bags and he still wanted to sleep until 7:30. I finally got him out of bed and helped him take down the tent. We said goodbye to everyone and headed home. We got cleaned up as fast as we could and headed out to Pine Valley. Adam's family was having a BBQ. It was fun to hang out with everyone and talk to Jodie and Adam's twin brothers. We didn't stay long because Adam and I both had a lot of homework. It was a fun weekend and we really enjoyed getting away.

No comments:

Post a Comment