Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Honeymoon


For our Honeymoon we decided to go to Lake Tahoe. Neither of us had ever been there, so we decided it was the best place for us to go together. It was a long 9 hour drive there, but we laughed, sang and talked alot. Most of the drive was desert, and there were some really long roads.
We missed the turn onto the Extraterrestrial Highway and ended up at this dead end. I was kinda scared.
This lovely motel was in Tonopah, Nevada. They are for real about this place.
This lake was a really pretty, and a nice change from the desert scenery.
Poor Adam drove the whole 9 hours!
When we got there, this was waiting for us in our room. I think it was the best chocolate I've ever tasted in my whole life
The view from our room
This creek was by the parking lot, I loved this place.
Our hotel was about 5 minutes from the lake
I loved Lake Tahoe, it was so pretty and green!
The view from the pool
Having dessert at Rosie's Cafe, our view across the street was the lake. It was so pretty!
The Lobby
Shopping in Reno
We ate at a yum pizza place before heading back to St. George. Our honeymoon was a lot of fun. Everyday was perfect weather, it never got over 70 degrees. We went to Carson City to explore and buy groceries so that we could make dinner in our penthouse suite. It was a much needed vacation from all the planning. On our way home we saw some Aliens. I told Adam the story about when I was little and our family was on vacation, my sister would tell me these power lines were Aliens, I started freaking out and my mom told Brin that she better find a way to make me not be afraid. My sister then told me that these Aliens played Barbies. Everything was okay after that. Adam and I had been in the car for so long, that we started acting really silly. It was fun just laughing together, and being together, just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment