Saturday, September 4, 2010

June 4, 2010 Wedding Reception

The bridesmaids before the reception. I had the best bridesmaids, everyone was so helpful and they all looked beautiful. The reception started at 6:30, it was still pretty hot outside, but everything turned out really pretty. I couldn't wait til it got darker and I could see everything light up.
I love this picture of Krista, me, Bree and Sarai. I'm glad a lot of my High School friends came.

This picture of Dan and I is so funny, I couldn't stop laughing and Dan was being so serious!
I don't have the best aim, and I was so afraid that I was going to throw my bouqet into the pool. Somehow I got it to go straight back to all the girls, unfortunately no one caught it, and my poor bouquet fell apart.
Cutting the cake was fun, and I didn't even get very much cake all over my face. Thank you Adam for not covering my entire face with cake. (I hated our cake, that was not what it was supposed to look like and I feel so bad that it turned out that way. Adam told me that I could have a second chance to design the cake I want and I'm going all out.


My dad is such a sweetheart, he has no rhythm and he absolutely hates dancing. I've tortured him throughout the years with Pizzaz and Eshelle Dance Reviews, but he's always such a trooper. This dance with my dad was by far my favorite dance with him. Ever. While we swayed to the music he told me to make sure we kept an eye on the gas gage, the temperature, and be careful on the road. He told me about how he and my mom had taken a trip, when their truck broke down in 101 degree weather. I told him that I loved him and that I was sorry for always competing with him to be the boss. I love my dad. He is so handsome, smart, and you wouldn't know it unless you hung out with him enough, but he is hilarious.


The Herpel family has great rhythm! I love this picture of Adam and his mom, so cute.

Adam and I danced to the song Love by Matt White. It was kind of a surprise, because my mom choose something really quick. She did perfect though, that is the song that plays on my phone when Adam calls.

While everyone was gathering in the front yard, getting ready for our get away, and Adam was loading our luggage into the trunk, I was in the backyard. It was quiet, expect for the music playing lightly in the background. The lights over the tables, on the palm tress and over the tiki bar were all on. I just stood there for a few minutes, letting everything sink in. The pool looked so beautiful, the lights over the grass area was reflecting off the water. I walked over the tables and took a pink gerbera daisy from the centerpiece (my bouqet didn't survive the toss.) As I stood thinking how grateful I was for my parents for helping me put together this amazing day and how I had gotten the fairytale wedding I had always wanted, Adam came out, gave me a hug and asked if I was ready to go. I think I could have stayed there forever.
I may have given Adam way to many lectures about why he shouldn't buy the mini cooper. I'm almost embarrassed to say this, because of how many times I yelled at him for buying it, but I love this car. It's a 1966 Mini Cooper (Morris, I think) It was the perfect get away for our reception. I secertly wish that no one ever wants to buy this car, I want to keep it forever. Just don't tell Adam. My sister decorated the car for us, and she did an awesome job. I'm pretty sure this was the cutest get away car I've ever seen. There was so many balloons packed inside, and I loved the bows that were tied on the handles and the wind shield wipers. I don't know how she made the cute pom poms but I love them. Thank you Brinlee so much! I loved it. And thank you Dan for hanging the naked Barbie and Ken from the rear view mirror. It gave us so many laughs.



Somehow, I managed to get me, and by huge white dress to fit into the mini. (well almost all of the huge white dress.) I was so ready to get out of my high heels, and the dress that may have permanently given me back problems.
I couldn't believe the day was already over when we drove away. We couldn't stop laughing, and I couldn't stop staring at Adam, I felt like I was in a dream. All of our hard work had paid off to create the wedding I'd always wanted as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment