Tuesday, January 4, 2011

'Tis The Season ( Don't worry this post is kinda late.)

The week before Christmas was so crazy busy for us, but we got to spend a lot of time together. This is my most favorite time of year, I always get the warmest fuzzies inside. Since I helped my mom put up her Christmas lights and Christmas tree, I thought I would be okay with not buying our own lights and tree this year, but after a few weeks I decided I did need one. While I was taking my History final for school, Adam went out and bought some lights and a tree. When I came home I could see a few lights in the front yard. I went outside to look at them, and discovered that he had only bought one strand of one- hundred lights for about six bushes. He wound them around two bushes, only in the middle, about two times. I went inside and asked him why only two bushes were lit up. He said, " Well I bought a box of one hundred lights, and I thought a hundred would be A LOT." I just looked at him and said, " Obviously, you've never decorated for Christmas, and next time you should just leave it up to me. "


When I walked into the living room, I noticed this sitting on top of our entertainment center.....
All I could say was, " What the heck is that thing?" I couldn't stop laughing when Adam told me it was our Christmas tree. He said it was from Charlie Brown Christmas, but since I've never seen that I guess I just don't get it. I took it down from our entertainment center because I had some cute decorations up there and our "Christmas tree" was ruining it. Now everytime I walk into the living room and see that goofy looking tree I just have to laugh.

This was the only decorating at our house I did this year. My mom gave me these decorations for helping her set up her Christmas stuff. I will never ever forget me and Adam's first Christmas together. I'll always look back and laugh at that Christmas tree, and I'll probably have to get it out every Christmas from now on. Next year, I'll be doing all the decorating though.

No comments:

Post a Comment