Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Merry Christmas

I love Christmas so much! The music, food, lights, everyone is in a good mood, and I just get the warmest feelings inside. Christmas just keeps getting better and better. Adam and I have been together for two Christmases already! For Christmas eve we spent the night at my house with my mom and dad, Brinlee, Kyle and Kimber! Kimber is starting understand what Christmas is, and she was so much fun this year. On Christmas eve Adam and I both worked until three o'clock. I picked him up after work, and we drove to La Verkin. When we got to my mom's house we unloaded all of our presents, and had lots of wrapping to do. I think I spent about an hour wrapping all of our presents up. While I was wrapping my mom was busy making creamy potato soup for dinner. It was so good, and she made it from scratch. After dinner we all sat around the Christmas tree talking and laughing while we Elfed Ourselves. We were all cracking up so hard when my dad would dance as an elf. When everyone was ready we got to open our pajama's. Adam and I got matching fishin' jamma's. I love em', and they are so Adam since he loves to fish.



After he got in our pajama's and we goofed off for a little while it was time to go to bed. It was only ten-thirty, but I was so exhausted. I was so surprised I fell asleep so quickly. But, I will never ever do that again! I woke up at three-thirty in the morning, four-thirty, five-thirty and six-thirty! I just couldn't wait for Christmas morning. I'm still a little kid on Christmas. Finally, I just stayed awake and at seven o'clock I heard my sister awake, so I went and talked to her. I'll remember next year that I need to stay awake until at least one o'clock.

When I heard Kimber wake up I went in and got her out of bed. Brin wasn't ready to go out and open presents yet, so I just hung out with Kimber. I was so excited to see her reaction to all the presents under the tree. Finally, it was time to open presents! I always play Santa at our house and then I open all of my presents last. This year I got a gift card to Dillards, a pretty sweater, awesome shampoo and conditioner, lots of baking stuff, including the prettiest mixing bowl I have ever seen, a cookbook full of desserts, and a cooling rack! I got a piggy bank, some earrings, movies, a scentsy  and the cutest Willow Tree statue with a man and a women hugging. My mom always knows what to get me. Adam got a new white cuff link shirt, a fly fishing how-to book, lots of candy, a gift card to best buy and probably many more cool things that I don't remember. After opening presents my dad make pancakes. My dad makes the best pancakes in the world. His specialty is breakfast, maybe thats why I hate eating breakfast at restaurants. I made hot spice punch for my family, and they loved it as much as I do! It's a new tradition in my family now.



Later that afternoon we drove up the Pine Valley to open presents with Adam's family. I was so happy that all of his family was still there when we got there. We all sat around in the living room opening presents and having a good time. I got SO many great things at the Herpel's, and everyone in his family is so sweet. I finally got a waffle maker, a knitting kit, lots of bath and body works stuff, a new pair of jeans, and a membership to Costco. Adam got cuff links, cologne, somecool drawings from original tv shows, and lots of other stuff. When it was time for dinner Adam's grandparents came over and ate with us. It was so much fun to have everyone there talkin' and laughin' together. After dinner we played Apples to Apples until we ran out cards. Adam's siblings are the best to hang out with. We all laughed until it hurt.

We had a great Christmas, and we are so blessed that we got to spend it our families. I'm so grateful for everyone in both of our families. I'm so glad that there are little kids in my family, so that I can watch them rip open the toys they asked Santa for Christmas. Both Kimber and Ayla are the prettiest, sweetest little girls. I'm glad that I got to spend Christmas with Adam. I love him so much. He's always so grateful, humble, loving and kind. I feel like I have everything I have ever wanted, and that I couldn't possibly ask for anything more.  We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that everyone has a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment