Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Haile Week!

The monday after Christmas the Haile's came to visit, and the party just kept on going! It was so much fun having them here, and I'm glad that I got to spend time with them during the week. On Monday after I got off work, we drove down to Las Vegas to pick up the Haile's at the airport. We could see Las Vegas when my mom called and told me there flight was being delayed until ten o'clock. We decided to run to Town Square and grab something to eat and shop a little before we had to be to the airport. When we pulled into the parking lot of Town Square my mom called again and said just kidding they are getting in at seven. It was almost six-thirty when we pulled into Town Square. I decided to run to Banana Republic and Abercrombie and Fitch real quick and find something to wear for New Years Eve. I ran through Town Square as fast as I could, I couldn't find anything I would wear in Banana Republic so I ran to Abercrombie and Fitch. I saw a sweater that I might wear and headed for the dressing room. I quickly tried it on, made sure it looked good on me, checked out and ran back to the car. The whole shopping trip took less than fifteen minutes. That must have been a record for me. I was kinda nervous about getting to the airport before the Haile's arrived because my dad had said that there was no where to park at the airport, but when we got there it seemed like there were no cars in the parking lot. We parked right by the entrance and ran for the baggage claim area. That was probably the least busy I have EVER seen that airport, I'm not exactly sure what my dad was thinking, but he is getting older. We met my mom and sister inside and held up signs that said Haile Yeah, and Hailelujah! It was so much fun, and we all got a good laugh. We were all so excited to see each other. After picking up all of our bags we all went over to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. We met my mom's brother Darrin and his family there, and we all enjoyed a scrumptious dinner. I'm so glad that me and Brin got to pick where we ate, or we might have gotten stuck at Joe's Crab Shack. Hahaha. After dinner Adam and I drove home to get some much needed rest, because the next day we were going SNOWBOARDING! The next day we got up early, got ready, loaded up the car and headed over to my mom's house so we could all leave together. My dad made us breakfast, and I changed into my snowboarding clothes. I was so excited to finally go snowboarding again. I got a brand new snowboard for Christmas two whole years ago and now I was finally going to use it. We all drove up to Brianhead, rented all the things we needed and headed out.






 Micah was patient, nice and helpful to Cody and Austin who had never snowboarded before. I remember how frustrating it can be trying to learn to snowboard. Adam hadn't snowboarded in five years but he picked it up very quick, and me and Holly were the first ones down the mountain. It was nice to get to know Holly more since I didn't get the chance when she came for my wedding. After a few runs down the mountain we packed up all of our things and headed home at closing time. On our way home we stopped in Cedar to eat at Brad's food hut. I had never eaten there, but it was pretty tasty. I sat in the middle betweeen my mom and dad and I felt like a little kid again. I love talking and goofing around with my dad. After getting back from snowboarding, Adam and I were so tried, so we decided to just go home and get some rest. On Wednesday, I had to work, but we went over to my mom's as soon as I was finished. We met at Durango's and had dinner with everyone. After that we all hung out for a while playing Karaoke on the Wii. We had a competition between me, my mom and Aunt Sharee and I won! We were all rolling on the floor when my mom and Aunt Sharee did a duet. I'm pretty sure they only knew the chorus of the song. When it was seven o' clock we went to the movies. Micah and Holly went to see The Tourist. Adam, Cody and Austin went to see True Grit. And Aunt Sharee, my mom and I went to see Tangled. It was so cute, and we all loved it! It was freezing and a blizzard that night so Adam and I drove home really slow after the movie. I worked again on Thursday and then went to lunch at Pizza Factory with my mom and Austin while everyone else went to Osaka. We aren't much of Japenese food people. After lunch we went over to my moms. I made hot spice punch and Holly made queso. We all played ImaginIff and ate a lot of junk food. After that we rented Salt and everyone cuddled up in the living room to watch it.

It was a such a good rainy day. The next day was New Years Eve, and I had to work. Again. I got off at two, curled my hair and went over to my mom's to get dressed and put on make up. After we were all ready my mom, me, Brin, Aunt Sharee and Kimber all went to Old Navy. I got Adam and nice warm coat and a cute shirt, and I bought a trench coat for me.

I also lost my phone under a pile of clothes, but we didn't get far before I realized it was gone and went to find it. At seven the boys were back from snowboarding and they all got ready to go to Las Vegas. We rode with my mom, Aunt Sharee and Austin down to Vegas. When we got to Vegas we went to my Uncle Darrin's house to drop off Austin and hang out for a little while. Me and Adam drove to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. After that we went back to my Uncle's house and rang in the New Year with my family. It was fun and pretty low key for being in Las Vegas. After midnight we made the drive home, and I was holding my eyelids open to help keep my mom awake. We finally got home at four a.m, and the next day we had to get up at eight to go snowboarding. I thought my brain was going to explode from lack of sleep. Kyle drove us up to Beaver Mountain to snowboard at Eagle Point. I had never been there so it was fun to go and explore.


 The drive up was fun with Kyle, Cody, Holly, Micah, me and Adam. We rode for a few hours and I was surprised how much more riding you get can get in when you don't have to stand in line. We were all exhausted at the end of the day, but I think it was the perfect start to a New Year! The next day was Sunday, and Adam and I taught our little primary kids for the first time. Maria's little sister Brooke is our class and she is so cute! We also have a lot of little kids in our class that live right across the street. It was so much fun, and really scary all at the same time. After church my mom called and asked if we wanted to ride with them to Las Vegas to go bowling with the whole family. I wasn't in the mood for anymore long car rides, so we decided to stay home and clean since we haven't been home since Christmas. We were sad that we missed everyone, and a fun game of bowling. On Monday before work my Aunt met us in the JB's parking lot to give us a hug before she went back to Texas. We are going to miss them so much! I can't wait until Christmas 2011, when we all take a road trip to Abilene to see my family! We missed my grandma and Uncle Roy, but we'll see them real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment