Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 9, 2011

Lately I've been really stressed, and I'm kinda afraid that it's only going to get worse tomorrow. This is our second week teaching our primary class. It's been so much fun, and I love all our children's. They are all such good listeners, and very sweet. Life has been pretty crazy the last two weeks, and we've planned our lessons while sitting in sacrament. I can't believe I'm admitting that, but I promise that I'm going to start planning our lesson on Tuesday of this week. We are going to be great primary teachers; just as soon as we get a routine down. It's just been very stressful, and sometimes I think to myself, " What am I doing in here?" and " I don't belong in here, and I'm not good with kids." Actually, I'm still kinda terrified of kids. Yes, even nine year olds. I guess I'm just feeling kinda stressed about this new experience. On top of that, school is starting this week, and I am totally committed to making good grades this semester. I'm just scared that I'm going to be even more stressed after this week. Plus, my car has something wrong with it, and I'm not able to drive it right now. I have no way to get to work or school, unless I hang out at work for an hour and Adam drops me off. I hate not having a car, and relying on someone to take me everywhere I need to go. Anyway, I just needed to vent for a minute. I hope 2011 gets better real soon! I hope everyone is doing good!

2 comments:

  1. When we starting teaching primary, it was the 9-yr-old kids. They were great to break us in for the next 3 years of primary and 5-yr-olds. By this age, they know tons and love to read (making them read REALLY passes the time). Take luck in your calling. You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry your stressed dear. i bet it'll be so great! 2011 is the perfect year! because it's fresh and new. do you know the impact you'll have on those kids lives? maybe if you fully grasp that, your heart will soar with gladness knowing it's YOU that gets to teach them.

    ReplyDelete