Monday, January 10, 2011

Also, yesterday I forget to mention that I learned how to drive a stick shift. Kinda. It was a very traumatic experience for me. Because my car is broken, everyone thought it would be a good idea for me to learn to drive Adam's car. My mom decided to come with me and teach me to drive a stick shift. I didn't even get out of the driveway before I had stalled about four times! I was already frustrated and terrified. I finally made it out of the driveway and I was in the middle of the street, just stuck there! I started crying in the street by our house because I was so frustrated that I couldn't even move out of the road. I took a deep breath, and was able to slow down my foot while taking it off the clutch. I made it around the corner and down the street a little more before screaming and stalling again. I screamed everytime I stalled the car which was about every thirty seconds. We made it to the four way stop by our house and church had just gotten out so I had to keep waving to let everyone know that they could go. Someone actually pulled over and asked if we had broke down, but I just told them that I was trying to learn how to drive. After about twenty cars were out of the way, I was able to get out into the intersection without any cars coming. I screamed the whole way til I was clear of the intersection, and by this point I crying because I was laughing so hard. I made it down to the intermediate school in Santa Clara and my mom just made me stop and go in the parking lot. I was actually getting the hang of it, until the breaks started not working. I started freaking out, and told my mom that I think we should go back before the breaks go out and we can't stop. On our way back, the breaks got worse and I was unable to slow down while turning onto Red Mountain. I was screaming the whole way back to our house, and I ran the stop sign at the four way stop because I was too afraid to stop, and I didn't want to get stuck. I promised my mom that I would never learn to drive a stick. I think if I had a car that wasn't so crazy I would be able to do it, but I think automatic is just right for me because I'm such a blondie.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had video of that adventure. I could make lots of money. I was laughing nonstop. Well, until you couldn't get the brakes to work! Still, too funny

    ReplyDelete