Sunday, May 15, 2011

So much to Celebrate!

When I married Adam, I got the most amazing husband, but I also got the most wonderful mother-in-law. KaLynn is such an awesome woman. She has raised Adam to be so patient, kind, loving and sweet. Those four words also describe her. She has made me feel like family from the very beginning. She always has this sweet glow about her, and a smile on her face. She's always loving and caring to those whom she loves. She also has a great sense of humor, and we have shared several laughs together. Adam has such a great love for his mom, and I'm grateful that he treats her with love and respect. Growing up Adam was always a mamma's boy, which is totally fine with me. I'm grateful that they have such a strong relationship. It's always enjoyable to visit his family in Pine Valley. This Mother's day we went to Pine Valley after church to celebrate. We gave KaLynn a gift card to Red Lobster, and a card telling her how much we love her. We all hung out and Adam's dad made hamburgers for us. We also had the most fantastic lemon cake. KaLynn and I both share the same love for dessert. After spending the day with the Herpel's we went home. My heart is always full of gratitude when we leave Pine Valley. I'm so grateful for KaLynn and her always blissful attitude. Adam and I both love you very much!

I'm so grateful for my mom. My mom is the most compassionate person I know. She is always loving and supporting to those around her. My grandpa passed away when my mom was very young, but from the stories that she has told me about him, it seems like she gets these wonderful qualties from him. My mom is also a very strong woman. She is not afraid to stand up for what is right, and she is not afraid to express her opinion. I look up to my mom so much. My mom is also very intelligent. I'm always so jealous of her straight A's. My mom is very giving. She would drop everything to give service to someone in need. My mom has a great sense of humor, and I have several memories of us rolling on the floor laughing together. My mom and I look so much alike, even strangers in the airport know we're mother and daughter. My mom is beautiful, and I'm so glad that I look like her. Growing up, my mom always made me feel loved, and I have always been very well cared for. She made our house feel like home, and we were always safe there. I was missing my mom very much on Mother's day, but I was able to go over after work to visit with my mom. I made some orange cookies, and gave her the Our Best Bite cookbook. She also fixed a dress that was a little to big for me, which is another talent of hers. She's always taking in something, or sewing on a button for one of us. I love my mom so much, and she is my best friend. Here is just a few of my favorite pictures of me and my mom.

Our moms are fantastic, hard working, loving, divine women. Our moms have worked so hard to make our lives what they are today, and I think they deserve the best. We have so much to celebrate with moms like these. We love you both so much, and we hope you had a great Mother's day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I can't believe how much your mom looks like you in the second picture! What a beautiful woman.

    I'm glad you have two awesome moms. I miss you, Mckenna!

    ReplyDelete