Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

This year my dad turned 55! ( I think. He'll probably be really mad if I'm wrong!) His birthday was on Saturday April. 30th. For his real birthday him and my mom went for a drive, my dad's all time favorite thing to do! I think they took the scenic route to Cedar City and ate dinner at Sizzler. The next day Adam and I drove over to La Verkin after church to celebrate my dad's birthday! When we got there my dad opened his present from us. We gave him some car washing towels because he had been complaining to my mom that he didn't have any, and we gave him a little shovel that would almost fit in your pocket! I think he liked it. My mom and dad made lasagna for dinner, and my Aunt Kathy and Unc came over to eat with us. It was so much fun just talking and hanging out together. I hope that my dad had a great birthday! I think I have the best dad in the whole world. He taught me how to be responsible, take care of things, and to work hard. My dad is also smart, so funny, or maybe goofy is a better word and he's been such a great dad. My dad was always watching out for me when I was growing up. Checking my oil and the tires on my car, taking the skin and bones off my chicken for me, and always rescuing me from the side of the road when I ran out of gas. I hope my dad knows how much I love and appreciate him!

No comments:

Post a Comment