Thursday, October 28, 2010

Twenty-two

On September 30, I turned 22 years old. My birthday was so much fun, and I got to spend time with some of my most favorite people. Early that morning when my alrarm went off at 4 a.m., telling me it was time to get up to go to school, I decided to roll over and go back to sleep. (I shouldn't have to go to school at 6 a.m. on my birthday, right?) When I woke up I did some laundry and took a shower. Adam took me, my mom and Adam's mom to breakfast at The Egg and I. Adam's mom gave me some awesome Mary Kay stuff. After Breakfast my mom and I went and got pedicures, it was so nice to be pampered on my birthday. I painted my toes red with zebra strips. I went and got my hair trimmed and colored. The day I get to have my hair colored is the best day ever. It always makes me feel so much better.

When I came home Adam gave me my birthday present. I had picked out some shoes and a scarf a few weeks earlier, and now I finally get to wear them. Adam gave me the sweetest card, and a Happy Birthday balloon. Krista came over and gave me a present. Krista writes the best cards, I keep every card she writes to me. She gave me an Olive Garden gift card and a bell for my bike! I was so excited, and I need to ask Adam to put it on for me.

While I was putting on my make-up Adam came in with a cupcake on a plate. I told him all I wanted for my birthday was a cupcake from The Sweet Tooth Fairy. I had been begging him all week to take me there so I could get a pumpkin cheesecake cupcake. I'm addicted to that place. He had put a candle on the cupcake and I got to blow it out. Adam is so sweet and so nice to me. He told me that since he didn't know how to bake a cake, a cupcake would have to do. It was delicious.



Around 4 o'clock my mom came over, we got in my car and left for Las Vegas. It was fun talking and laughing with Adam and my mom. When we got to Vegas we went shopping at Town Square. I couldn't find anything that I would wear, so we went to California Pizza Kitchen. I think my family is getting sick of eating there because it's my very favorite. I always get the same thing, and I'm always so happy there. After dinner we went to Godiva and I got a free piece of chocolate for my birthday. Our friends Devon and Vanessa came to Town Square and gave me a Victoria Secret girft card. They are such sweet friends, and we love hanging out with them. We made a quick stop to Victoria Secret, and then headed over to the Venetian. We got to ride on the Gondola! It was the funniest ride I've ever been on. I think the Gondola driver, who was singing very loud, was embarrassing Adam. I owe him big time for taking me on the Gondola. We also gambled a little, but I didn't win any money so we decided to go home. It was such a long drive, and I was ready for some sleep. Adam slept in the back seat the whole way and my mom was dozing in and out. When we got back to our house, my mom gave me my birthday present. She gave me a camera! Now I can add pictures to my posts again.

Kimber wanted to sit on Adam's lap, it was so cute! Eating my ice cream sundae at CPK.
I'm grateful for all my friends and family who helped make my birthday the best one yet. I'm so happy to have Adam in my life. I hope he knows how great he made my birthday this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment