Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I'm the worst at taking pictures, and I'm trying really hard to get better at it. This year for my daddy's birthday my mom and sister took Kimber to Disneyland, and Adam had to start training for his job in Salt Lake. So my dad and I were home alone. His birthday was on a Monday, and he's not a huge fan of going out to eat. So I decided to make him dinner. I was kinda nervous because my dad mostly eats steak and potatoes. Since I'm not a grill master, and I haven't figured out my dad's secret to mashed potatoes, I had to come up with something else. Every time I cook something, and I bring some leftovers to my parents; my dad always says, "This is weird tasting." I decided to make salmon, asparagus and lemon dill rice. I think he liked it because he ate the whole thing, or maybe he was just being nice. It was fun just talking and hanging out with my dad. When I was a teenager we didn't really get along. We are way to much alike, we are both stubborn, and it's always been my way or NO way. But ever since I got married, and grew up a little more, we've become good friends. My dad is really funny, too. He's always making funny jokes, or doing something goofy that makes us all laugh. My dad is so smart, and I've learned to always take his advice. He's the best dad in the world, and I love him very much. We had cake and ice cream for dessert, and then he headed home. It's so nice to have my parents right around the corner, and it's been fun to just hang out with my parents whenever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment