Friday, August 26, 2011

The end of Summer

Summer is ending, and school is starting. Since we only have a swamp cooler, and it's extremely hot in our house, I thought I was excited for fall and winter to get here. But, yesterday I saw a tv commercial about summer. Everyone was playing in the water, hanging out on the beach around a camp fire, it was hot, and everyone just looked so free. It kinda made me sad that summer is already over, and we have to go back to school. Then I thought of all the fun things that were coming up in fall and winter, and I felt better.

This summer has been so good though, we've got to do so many fun things, and we have had so many fun adventures.

  • We got to go on a cruise. First one for both of us. It was so relaxing, and the perfect vacation. We can't wait to go on another one.
  • Celebrated our first anniversary.
  • We went on several camping trips to escape the heat.
  • We went swimming a few times.
  • Celebrated Adam's 25th birthday.
  • Had a slumber party with Adam's little brothers.
  • Said goodbye to Spencer and Mckay for a whole two years while they serve their missions in Mexico.
  • We have sent so many letters to the MTC and to Brazil.
  • Went to the Washington County Fair.
  • Adam has gotten some tomatoes off his tomato plants.
  • And we started school.
     This summer has been busy, and at times I felt like I was in school with the amount of stress I was dealing with at certain times. I took summer semester off, and by the end of summer I was starting to get bored. That has given me motivation to try really hard this sememester. Also, I only have two more semesters of school. It's about time, right? But I'm way excited. Adam and I are both taking CIS, and I'm taking geology. I think it's going to be a fun semester.

    The Washington County Fair was really fun. My parents invited us to the Demolitian Derby. It was hilarious. My mom and I were screaming, and laughing so hard. We also ate some fair food, and I tasted fried oreos for the first time. They were delicious. We were going to ride some rides, but I didn't  want to wait in line. We also watched a good firework show after the Demolitian Derby. I'm so happy that my parents invited us, we love them.

At the beginning on the summer Adam and I decided that we might want to start looking at houses to buy. It sounded kinda crazy at first, but it turned out to be a good idea. Adam's mom and grandpa have helped us so much. They have given us so much advice, and have come with us whenever we wanted to go look at a house. We looked at a few that were good, but a little bit beat up. Why do people think it's okay to just move and leave the things they don't want anymore just lying in the room. And some people just left and didn't clean anything. It's really gross. My mom mentioned to me that her visiting teacher's house was for sell, but I told her that it was probably way out of our price range. Later that day my mom and I were looking at the MLS, when we noticed her neighbors house on the list, and it was within our price range! I almost peed my pants with excitement. It was at the top of our price range, but we could do it. We looked at the house, and I fell in love. We now have an offer on it, and we are waiting to hear what happens next. I feel like that house is just for us, it's been on the MLS for such a long time, and it's so close to my mom. We're just praying that everything works out.




No comments:

Post a Comment