Thursday, August 25, 2011

No Shoes, No shirt, No problems!

 That is one of my favorite Kenny Chesney songs. Everytime I hear it on the radio, the first tropical notes, I turn it up. Really loud. Thanks to my mom, we got to see Kenny live, in real life. I've seen him before, but it was in Canada. And we were up so high I probably could have touched the ceiling. Anyways, it was so much fun, and I love the way Kenny's music makes you feel. His lyrics are really so good.  No matter what he's singing about.

The night before the concert my sister came and stayed with us over night. The next morning we all get up, crammed into the car and started the drive to Salt Lake. I sat up front with my sister while she drove. It was fun to just have a conversation with her. The ride didn't even feel like very long, cause me and my sister were talking so much. I'm so grateful for my sister and Kyle for letting us ride with them. Thanks, guys!

When we got to the hotel we where going to be staying at, we unpacked our things and went up to my mom's room. Adam and I were going to be sharing a room with my mom, dad and Aunt Sharee. It was going to be the party room, for sure. We all hurried and got ready, and went to dinner at Subway across the street. Then we headed to Usana Ampitheatre. I've never been to a concert there, but it was really nice.

My mom had seats on the front row. She got to touch Kenny, and I'm pretty sure she was drooling over him the whole time. Our seats were on the grass back a little further. The weather was kinda nice. It was a little windy, and almost raining. But it wasn't very hot, which was a nice change from the hot/humid weather in St. George. We had fun taking pictures, and eating cotton candy while we waited for the concert to start.



When the concert started Billy Currington opened the show. He is so great. I saw him in St. George in the Sun Bowl when he was just starting out. That concert was fun, and he was just as fun this time around. Oh, that's him, on the far right. I zoomed in so much that everything was blurry, so I just took the picture. And I got him!
 
After Billy Currington, it was Kenny's turn! Kenny somehow makes you feel like we're all friends, here to have a good time. And besides some wannabe, rude cowboys, we had so much fun! We danced, and sang to all of Kenny's best songs. At first I was worried because when Kenny left the stage, he hadn't sung Adam's favorite song, Boys Of Fall. I wanted him to sing it so bad, cause I knew that it was Adam's favorite. Well, Kenny came back out and sang his song. Adam was so happy. Also, somethin' kinda funny. I took this picture of Kenny, and if you look REALLY close you can see some big hair and a orange shirt. Yeah, that's my mom, all the way on the front row.

After the concert, we crammed back into the car and went back to our hotel. We got home around midnight, and we were starvin'. My mom, me and Aunt Sharee went down to the little store for a treat, but we decided to call for pizza instead. They delivered our pizza at like 2 p.m. almost. It was delicous. And we all stayed up talking and hanging out together. The next morning, my dad woke us up WAY to early and we all got ready. My mom, Aunt Sharee, Adam and I went down to eat breakfast. I love free hotel breakfasts, not because it's free. But because I love the little cereals and bagels, and it's just fun to eat somewhere that your staying. Anyways, after breakfast we got in the car and my dad drove us all over the whole world. That's what it felt like, but we really just went up to Snowbird ski resort. I loved it up there. I wanna go snowboarding there so bad! And I also found my future neighborhood. I also couldn't believe there was still snow up there in July. What the?
 
After coming back from Snowbird, we stopped at In-N-Out for lunch. I was sad because the Sweet Tooth Fairy across the street was closed. We got back in the car, and drove all the way to Neiphi and through Manti/Ephraim. That is like a two hour detour. After that we turned off onto some mystery road, and magically appeared on top of Cedar mountain at my dad's campsite. We dropped him off and picked up my mom's Honda. Adam and I drove home with my mom and Aunt Sharee and they dropped us off at like 9 p.m. We were pretty happy to be home.

But even though it was a very long car ride, we got to see some really pretty scenery, and hang out with my mom and dad and Aunt Sharee. Thank you, mom for letting us tag along on the Annual Sisters and Kenny Tour. We love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment