Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Adam!

May is totally birthday month in our family! On May 20th, Adam turned twenty-five! His birthday was a very fun but very stressfull event. I begged him to just go to dinner with all of our friends, but he wasn't having it, he wanted to have a birthday camp out. So, about three months before his birthday I started saving money and planning out this camp out. On the morning of his birthday, Adam called his mom about four times before 11 a.m. checking to see if it was raining in Pine Valley. Adam had reserved a spot at the campground up there, and he wanted everything to be perfect. About the millionth time Adam called his mom, she said it was raining. He was kinda bummed, but we just kept going with the plan. I got up early and made his favorite Fun Fetty cake, and some peanut butter bars, packed up our camping stuff, and did some last minute shopping. We also had to make some meat patties. Adam made me help him, even though he knows I have a fear of raw meat. We were actually laughing pretty hard while doing this. We left for Pine Valley about 2 p.m. Everything was okay, until we turned onto the road towards Pine Valley. Suddenly there was snow and slush on the ground and it was like a tornado outside. This crazy weather was ruining our BBQ and our campout. I begged Adam to just BBQ at his parents and let us go home. I was afraid we were going to freeze to death overnight. He said that since it was his birthday, and he already paid for the site we were staying. The only thing I could do was say, "you're right." I was not looking forward to sleeping in the snow though.
We drove over to our campsite to set up our tent. Adam and I prayed that it would clear up so that we could still have fun. As we were unloading the car, the sky started to become clear, and surrounding our campsite was all sunshine! It was a miracle, it even got warm enough to wear only one jacket! Just when Adam and I were getting back into the car, there was a few raindrops on our windsheild. I'm so thankful for the Herpel family, who live in Pine Valley. They let us BBQ and invite everyone over to their house, instead of BBQ in the snow. Everyone came over to the Herpel's, and I was so glad that my parents came up. It was so great to have everyone there to celebrate Adam's birthday. We had hamburgers, my dad's famous potato salad, watermelon, broccoli salad, chips, vegetables and lots of cake! After dinner Adam opened his presents. He got bullets, a sportsman warehouse gift card, money and some Lego's. After visiting with everyone we went over to the campsite. It wasn't raining anymore, so we were able to make smores and hang out around the campfire. It was still freezing though! We had so much fun talking and laughing with both of our families. Later that night our good friends Devon and Vanessa came up and camped with us. I think they froze in their truck that night. I felt so bad for them. My parents slept in the back of the truck, and I know they slept warm and cozy, since my dad is surviorman. And to my surprise, I slept so good and I was warm. The next morning we had muffins and fruit and sat around the campfire. Adam and Devon did a little fishing, and all the guys went shooting, while the girls hung out. I was so worried that the rain was going to ruin Adam's birthday, but we actually had so much fun! We're thankful for all of our friends for coming and braving the cold with us!

Unfortunately, these were the only pictures I took at Adam's birthday, but at least these are an improvement from last year! My husband is so hot when he's grillin'. He knows how to make a good hamburger!

Here a few things I love about my husband:
  • He is always optimistic. Even if it is snowing on his birthday camp out, he doesn't let anything get him down. He never gets upset, he just goes along with whatever is happening.
  • He is so handsome
  • He thinks Ryan Seacrest stole his hair style
  • He's so sweet, caring and fun to be around. He always makes sure that everyone feels included.
  • He can set up a tent in record time
  • He works hard everyday. Whether it's doing his best at work, working on the yard, doing the dishes, or straightening around the house. He's always doing something to help make my life easier.
  • He always let me know that he's grateful for what I do for him.
  • I love his laugh, his real laugh. When something is really funny, he laughs really hard, and it's contagious.
  • He secretly likes to watch The Bachelor and The Kardashians.
  • He loves to be outside. Fishing, hiking, shooting, camping, riding bikes, swimming. We both share the same love for being outside.
  • He loves me. So much!

No comments:

Post a Comment