Monday, January 30, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving this year was pretty quiet at our house. Brinlee and Kyle were having Thanksgiving at Kyle's families house, so it was just my parents and us. But we still have a lot of fun. We came over Wednesday night to help my mom make all the pies for Thanksgiving. It's something my mom and I do every year. We always make four pumpkin pies, one cherry and one pecan pie. My sister's birthday was also Wednesday night, so before we started making pies my whole family met for dinner at Samurai 21. I got steak and chicken, and Adam ate sushi. Gross. We had a lot of fun, and I hope my sister had a great birthday. When we got back around 9 p.m. we started making pies. It was about midnight when we put the pecan pie in the oven. I was just sitting at the counter mixing the pumpkin pie filling when I noticed that the oven was smoking, a lot. At first I just thought it was normal, but then it started getting worse and the whole kitchen was starting to fill up with smoke. I ran as fast as I could into my mom's room, and told her that there was a fire in her oven. We were both cracking up when we opened the oven, and there really was a little a\ fire inside the oven. The corn syrup was oozing out of the pie, and it caught it on fire. My mom grabbed the tin foil that was on fire, and shook it out. We were both laughing so hard, and we were surprised that the fire alarm didn't go off. We finally finished making pies at 2 o'clock in the morning, and it was time for bed.
                                                            Mixing up the pumpkin pie filling!

My mom and I being goofy in the kitchen
 
I cuddled on the couch with my mom's cute kitty for a while. Adam was playing on his phone, as usual. The next morning we got up early, and helped finish making Thanksgiving dinner. We ate with my family about 1 o'clock, and then quickly drove up to Pine Valley to eat with Adam's family. It's funny how much different our houses are at Thanksgiving. At the Herpel's house there are a lot of people, and it's also a lot of fun. It's so much fun when everyone gets together, and everyone is in such a happy mood. Before we ate dinner at the Herpel's, everyone went around and said what they were thankful for. I was crying like a baby ( I think I got my mom's crying gene. I swear we both cry at everything.) I'm so grateful, and I've been so blessed. We had a lot of fun with our families this Thanksgiving, and we can't wait to do it next year. It was so good to chat with Adam's cousin Tiffani, and her husband Joe.

After hanging out for a while, Adam and I decided to go to Black Friday. First, we went to Best Buy because they had a good deal on a TV, but the line wrapped around the whole building, and they only had like ten TV's. There was no way we were going to get one. So we went over to Wal-mart just to look around. The people at Wal-mart are seriously crazy, and there wasn't even anything we wanted. Next, we went over to Target. The line was all the way down to Lowe's, but we really wanted to get a Kindle for Adam's mom. We got in line at 9 o'clock. They weren't even opening the doors until midnight, and it was freezing outside. We finally got in Target at 12:30, and we hurried and grabbed the Kindle and a TV that we really didn't need. While we were waiting in line, I decided that we didn't need a TV right now, and so we abandoned it in an isle. The line was ridiculous. We started in the pet isles of Target, and we had to weave through every single isle. The fun part, was as we were walking through the isle there was stuff between the Frosted Flakes and Lucky charms, that we kinda wanted. We picked up five movies just walking through the food isle. We finally got out of Target at 2:30! We drove over to the bank to withdraw some money and then we took a two hour nap in the parking lot of Lowe's. At 4:30, we got out of the car and went to stand in line at Lowe's. We really really wanted to buy this fridge, but when the doors opened and we went to find our fridge they were out of stock. Luckily, the guy said we could still buy it, and it would be delivered to us when it came into the store. Finally, at six a.m. it was time to go to bed. We only got about two hours of sleep before it was time to go to work, and work an eight hour shift. Black Friday is so worth it, but at the moment it's so not that fun.

We hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful for all my friends and family, and we love them very much!

1 comment:

  1. love you! i wish we were closer a l l t h e t i m e.

    i want to see your new house too!

    ReplyDelete