Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Adam's mom gave us a big Kitchenaid mixer for our wedding present, and since we've ALMOST been married for six months we decided to use it. I had some left over pumpkin puree from a recipe I had used earlier in the week, and so we decided to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I love baking, but I usually try to avoid cookies. It seems like everytime I make cookies, they turn out to be more like little hard frisbee's instead. I'm praying that these will be as delicious as they sound. I got the recipe from Food Network online, and those people usually know what they're talking about, right?

I was thrilled when Adam told me he wanted to help me make cookies. I should have known that what he meant by "help" was help get rid of the extra cookie dough. He mostly sat in the living room playing XBOX, but I really can't complain because when he did come in the kitchen he wanted to tell me how to do it.
This is my favorite face that Adam makes. He usually makes this face when he's doing something I told him not to, and then he tells me how much he loves me and somehow he's forgiven.
I am so proud of myself! I made a delicious cookie, and it was soft, chewy and perfect!

And of course, my husband loved them too.


On a side note: I have so much Christmas Spirit! I have been listening to Christmas music, going to the mall and every home decorating store in St. George. I just can't get enough! I love this time of year, and the warm fuzzies I get inside!
BUT
I do have one complaint about something not related to Christmas. When I FINALLY convince my husband that I need a new sweater, and I go online to order it, it's out of stock! WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING? I never buy clothes unless I really love it, and lately I haven't loved anything. When I do love it, it's already gone! This has happened more than once now, and it's making me very sad.

1 comment:

  1. Those are SUCH GOOD cookies! So proud of all your domestic enterprises! Love you, little one.

    ReplyDelete