Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Somewhere in Time

When I was in Elementary school, mostly all the kids names were Sarah, Jessica, Emily, Josh, Jake, John. There were a few names that were a little different, like McKenna. I didn't really like my name in Elementary school because it wasn't like anyone elses. It was weird. In middle school, I began to like my name, and I asked my mom where she came up with it. She told me it was from a movie that her and my dad had liked to watch when they were first married. I'm twenty-two years old this year, and I finally watched the movie that my parents named me after. Adam got the movie for me for Christmas and we watched it together. 
Young writer Richard Collier is met on the opening night of his first play by an old lady who begs him to "Come back to me". Mystified, he tries to find out about her, and learns that she is a famous stage actress from the early 1900s, Elise McKenna. Becoming more and more obsessed with her, he manages, by self hypnosis, to travel back in time where he meets her. They fall in love, a matching that is not appreciated by her manager. Can their love outlast the immense problems caused by their "time" difference? And can Richard remain in a time that is not his?

This movie was made in the 1980's I think. I loved it! My parents always told that the movie was about a young beautiful actress named Elise McKenna and Christopher Reeves traveled back in time to meet her. They thought McKenna was pretty and named me after her. I feel special that my name came from this movie, and I love my name even more now! You should watch this movie, you might love it.

3 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a blog award! Go here: http://rayandannaschu.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww cute story i may have to watch it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you loved this movie then you might like persuasion and or the young victoria. we need to have a movie night. and watch sex and the city too!!!

    ReplyDelete